Encouraging our area’s youth to work hard and follow their dreams is the purpose behind the GVEC Scholarship Program. Scholarships are awarded each year to graduating high school seniors who want to continue their education at college or trade school.
Once scholarship recipients are selected, GVEC holds a recognition luncheon to celebrate their accomplishments along with their families and school administrators.
Scholarships are for $2,500 and awarded in two disbursements: $1,250 for the fall semester and $1,250 for the spring semester at the recipient’s school of choice.
given in 2022
awarded in 2022
in our region
- Applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an active GVEC electric account in their name.
- Applicant must be a 2022-23 high school graduate and be able to meet all admission requirements of the college, university or trade school selected.
- Applicant must agree to attend classes as prescribed by the school’s curriculum for the semester in which tuition is paid.
- In all cases, the Cooperative will have the final decision on eligibility of each applicant, and, if for any reason an applicant is found to be ineligible by the Scholarship Selection Committee, the scholarship shall not be awarded.
- Children of the GVEC Board of Directors and employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Applications must be received by 11:59pm on Tuesday, February 1, 2023, to be considered. Scholarship winners will be notified early March.
If you are not taken to a confirmation page after application submission, please confirm you have filled in all necessary fields.